Right now, l should be in Salt Lake City, Utah. Why would I want to be there? That's where the Salt Palace Convention Center is! Here it is on a normal day:
It's THE most exciting time of year to be a demonstrator for the BEST stamp company out there! And what is this company that has me so mezzmorized? Why it's---Stampin' Up! I
I just LOVE our company, and I credit Stampin' Up!'s popularity, mainly to it's co-founder and CEO-Shelli Gardner! Today is the last day of Convention-an annual event that occurs every summer in Utah...which draws thousands of Stampin' Up! demonstrators to one central location (Salt Lake, Ut) where stamping and scrapbooking enthusiasts come together for a powerful event that unites everyone withone common denominator-a love for Stampin' Up! This year is special-it marks the twentieth anniversary of Stampin' Up!'s inception...and something special about this year's Convention is that there is only one session for demonstrators, versus two, as has been the case the last few years.
HERE is an interesting article about the Convention and Salt Palace...
Having attended most of these Stampin' Up! Conventions over the past 12 1/2 years since I have been a demonstrator, there is something so magical that takes place when all these demonstrators come together from all parts of the country, from all walks of life, with many different histories...all joining together at one time, in one place at the same time! It's just something you have to experience IN PERSON to totally grasp the intensity and awesomeness (is this a real word?) of this event...the excitement is just electrifying! Here is a photo of Salt Palace Convention when it is stormed by 7000 demonstrators:
Can you tell from this description of past experiences of Stampin' Up Conventions I have experienced, that I am really missing the excitement of the event this year? I have to say that although it is unfortunate that I could not attend Convention once again this year, so many caring and sharing demonstrators have kept me up to date on:
- Convention activities
- Demonstrator chit-chat
- newest Fall-Winter Catalog offerings
- future expectations and happenings
- exciting new products that are going to blow you away,
that I can almost visualize me being there....ALMOST...but I also know what I am missing. I am missing the excitement of:
- spending a very special couple of days with wonderful friends who all share the same passion
- being with other demonstrator friends, when exciting things are being announced
- learning about all the new and exciting products in the new catalog together!
- sharing accomplishments of friends, uplines, sidelines and downlines-in person, as they walk across the stage in celebration of an accomplishment, or well-deserved reward for a goal achieved!
- the making of memories when one stamps, eats, sleeps, and attends all Convention events with other stamping/scrapbooking enthusiasts as crazy as me!
- coming home exhausted, but toting free stamps, hundreds of swap cards, gifts from SU!, and gifts from others, samples of new products, Make & Take projects, new ideas, tons of photos and enough inspiration to last the entire year--till the NEXT Convention!
and so on....(I think I've laid out a pretty good picture of what is currently going on...)
Anyway, what I absolutely LOVE about being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, is that even though I can't BE THERE this year (for personal family reasons) I still feel loved and included...because of the sharing of my downline, sideline friends, other managers and demonstrators I don't even know-who are willing to share the excitement with those of us here at home, who cannot be there in person to experience the explosion of excitement going on in Salt Lake City, UT right now!
A HUGE announcement that you will LOVE, which was made PRIOR to Convention, is that starting this fall, customers will be able to ORDER ONLINE!!! Woohoo! If you specify your demonstrator, you get the products for the prices in the catalog-if you don't, you will pay 10% more plus higher shipping costs. Not to worry! Just be sure to look for my name on the demonstrator list and plug that in when you place an order, and you will pay the regular catalog prices and 10% shipping!
Here are some of the announcements from Convention that we are all excited about:
- Shelli is starting her own personal blog where there will be gift ideas, project ideas, and where Shelli will share family and office happenings. Shelli will have a personal creative challenge on her blog and will invite visitors to submit their project ideas; she will announce the winners on her blog! This is her way of recognizing the creative side of demonstrators AND customers! I will definitely be checking this out at www.SoShelli.com tomorrow -Monday, at 11:00 EST!
- Shelli will be launching her own signature collection called Shelli's Signature Collection, a line of products that span the entire Stampin' Up! product line, including stamp sets, home décor, and accessories. The Holiday Mini will showcase some of her products! I can't wait to get mine later in August to check it out!
- Decor Elements, Phase 2 will be available to customers starting October 1. There will be new images, new colors and many will be holiday related! Isn't that exciting!
- Once again, Stampin' Up! will partner with Country Living magazine to offer an exclusive holiday kit. The Holiday Collection will include exclusive stamps, a combination of Designer Series papers, and coordinating accessories that will only be available by purchasing the kit. The kit and project ideas will be featured among 20 pages in the magazine's December holiday issue!
and for the BIGGEST ANNOUNCEMENT:
- Stampin' Up! is adding an exciting new addition to their product line: the Sizzix Big Shot for Stampin' Up! die-cut machine! Partering with Sizzix, one of the industry's leading die cut manufacturers, Stampin' Up! is offering this exclusive machine available only through Stampin' Up! demonstrators.
In addition to the die-cut machine, Stampin' Up! will offer 29 Sizzix dies and 7 exclusive dies. The exclusive dies are only available through Stampin' Up! and include one die (Tulipe) that is part of Shelli's Signature Collection
Be sure to tune in right here over the next few days to learn more about the great new products that will be available to you in the brand new and VERY exciting Fall-Winter 2008 Stampin' Up! Catalog--in just 9 days! I am still anxiously and impatiently awaiting the arrival of my catalog in the mail....Thank goodness I have some stamp sets I was able to pre-order that I'm very excited about, which I've been playing with and will be providing samples of until I receive other products from the new catalog. So come back and visit to see what awesome things Stampin' Up! has in store for you-and if you haven't yet, place your order for a copy of the beautiful scalloped-edged Fall-Winter 2008 Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog! To order one now...email me.
Thanks for visiting...