Today I have an article about Scrapbooking that I'd like to share with you:
ARTICLE - Many Benefits to Scrapbooking
The scrapbooking hobby has been around for a long time and people do it for a variety of reasons. If you are an outsider to the world of scrapbooking, then you will not understand until you experience the craft the many reasons a person invests so much time and energy into a scrapbook page.
When I was first introduced to scrapbooking via my church family, I told them I had neither time nor energy to invest in creating pages of photos matched up with paper and cute little embellishments. I thought those people were crazy staying up all hours of the evening, dragging around tons of supplies, just to sit and create scrapbook pages. One evening I was invited to a scrapbook night and I agreed to come with the intent of visiting and watching. No scrapbooking for me. I was a business professional who could not imagine investing time or energy into something I felt was for stay-at-home moms or those who had nothing better to do.
Little did I know I was about to change my mind and attitude…during the evening of socializing and viewing all the pages of creation, something changed in me. One person in particular needed help with color coordinating and matting her photos. I started working with her and ended up finishing her page for her. The scrapbooking bug bit me and it bit hard! The very next day I was out buying all the essential tools to create my very own pages of photos.
What is it about scrapbooking that captures so many people's devotion and attention?
- Focus--You lose your focus on everything except for the scrapbook page you are working on. You forget the world exist for a few moments and you focus on nothing but what is in front of you.
- Creativity--All it takes is a sheet of paper and a few ideas to get your creative juices going. Whether the ideas are from a magazine, your surroundings, or the scrapbook paper held in your hand; the end result is pure enjoyment.
- History--When I think of a scrapbook, to me it is the history of the day, moment, or event. The page was created for future generations to learn of their family.
- Expressing myself--The scrapbook is made by someone and that in itself is a source of pride and joy. The feeling you get from completing, giving, or sharing your scrapbooks is indescribable.
- Giving--When working on a scrapbook layout, you are giving your thoughts, feelings, and memories to an event to share with others. The joy you feel when others express pleasure and enjoyment from your work is worth all the time and energy.
Scrapbooking has become so sophisticated you do not even need to leave the comfort of your home to get started. If you are experienced with computer programs such as Photoshop Elements, your tools are at the tips of your hands. If you prefer traditional scrapbooking, you still have the ability to order supplies and tools at the comfort of your home and within days you will be completing your own scrapbook.
People today have a variety of reasons for making their own scrapbooks and/or creating creations of beauty with their supplies. The majority of my experience has been to create something to share with future generations. People want to be remembered and through a scrapbook their lives are shared.
About the Author
Carole DeJarnatt began her love with paper but now also designs digitally for the future generations of her family. Visit Bestscrapbookingresources.com for ideas, supplies, and learning guides. From beginner to expert, traditional scrapbooker to digital, the resources are available at https://www.bestscrapbookingresources.com to find what you need to create your own scrapbook or gifts for your friends and family.